This page may contain affiliate links. Simply put, if you click and buy, we may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see our Disclosure Policy for full details.
Decadent is the best word to use when describing truffles and these 5-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles don't fall short! They are easy to make and perfect as a treat, dessert, or even a snack.
These 5-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles are awesome because you only need a few ingredients!
- Coconut milk: Use full-fat coconut milk to really give a creamy texture and flavor.
- Cocoa powder: Cocoa powder is for dusting the truffles to bring out the chocolate flavor.
- Peanut butter: Use smooth peanut butter. We love the natural, no sugar added peanut butter.
- Vanilla Extract: Go for the pure vanilla extract to really give that vanilla flavor. The artificial one tastes, artificial...
- Dark chocolate: Buy 70% dark chocolate chips or use a chopped bar. Be sure to read the label to make sure it is vegan.
Step 1: Heat coconut milk in a small saucepan on medium/high heat until almost at a boil.
Step 2: Turn off heat, add in chocolate and vanilla extract. Stir continuously until chocolate is fully melted.
Add peanut butter and mix until well combined.
Pour mixture into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place in freezer for 20 minutes. Once cooled the mixture will be thick enough to roll into balls.
Step 3: Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop out the chocolate and roll ping pong sized balls with your hands.
The heat from your hands can make the mix soft. Place balls onto a lined baking tray and place them back into the freezer to set before you roll them in the cocoa.
Once set, you can roll each ball in cocoa powder to give a light dusting!
You can do a lot with truffles to change them up. Here are a few options:
- Add a little rum to make rum truffles.
- Roll in sprinkles to add some fun color before you put them into the freezer to set.
- Add mini vegan chocolate chips.
- Toss in some crushed nuts to give some crunch.
- Roll in sea salt before putting into freezer to set.
You want to store these truffles in the freezer. I doubt they will last too long but make sure to use an airtight container to keep them from getting freezer burnt.
This recipe doubles really well so you can make lots as a time and keep them in the freezer for dessert, a treat or even a little snack!
More Vegan Gluten-Free Recipes
Who doesn't love chocolate! Here are a few more vegan chocolate recipes that you may enjoy!
- Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups
- Vegan Chocolate Caramel Turtles
- Chocolate Caramel Cookie Bars
If you happen to try these Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to follow us @coupleofseeds on Instagram.
We did try these in the fridge to set and they were still to soft so we suggest the freezer for best results.
Absolutely, we like these with smooth peanut butter but you can use crunchy if you prefer.
5-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
- 1½ cup dark chocolate chips or chopped bar
- 1 cup coconut milk full fat
- 1 teaspoon vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter smooth
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Heat coconut milk in a small saucepan until almost at a boil.
- Turn off heat and add in chocolate and vanilla extract. Stir until chocolate is fully melted.
- Add peanut butter and mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a small mixing bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place in freezer for 20 minutes. Once cooled the mixture will be thick enough to roll into balls.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop out the chocolate and roll into balls with your hands.
- Place balls onto a lined baking tray and place bake into the freezer. The heat from your hands can make the mix
- Roll each ball in cocoa powder to give a light dusting.