This page may contain affiliate links. Simply put, if you click and buy, we may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see our Disclosure Policy for full details.
If you are looking for a really good stir fry, you will love this Asian peanut stir fry!
So many people think that being gluten-free is tough and the idea of going vegan is impossible. That honestly could not be further from the truth. No, it's not for everyone but nothing is...
This recipe gives an incredible fragrance to the air and is a hearty meal that leaves you feeling content.
Tamari sauce has little to no wheat whereas Soy sauce contains wheat. Be sure to check your labels.
Soy sauce is typically found throughout Asia whereas Tamari is a by product of miso paste and is a form unique to Japan.
How to make Asian peanut stir-fry
Here is a list of the vegetables that we used in this peanut stir fry but you can add or remove what works for you.
- King Oyster mushrooms.
- Broccoli, fresh local is best.
- Carrots, slivered.
- Red onion, finely diced.
This sauce only requires 6 ingredients so it is really quick to mix together.
- ¼ cup Tamari can or you can use other gluten-free soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Garlic smashed or chopped
- ⅛ Chinese 5 spice powder
- 2 tbsp Water
- Extra Firm Tofu is the only tofu we really use. It is easy to work with and in our opinion tastes the best.
- Change up vegetable: You can use any vegetables that you like in this recipe to mix it up a bit and to match your taste. I really love the punch that the red onion gives so I wouldn't leave that out!
- Use a different starch: Use a different type of rice or use quinoa instead.
More Ways to Serve
- Burrito wrap: Toss stir fry into a wrap.
- Burrito Bowl: Mix everything and serve in a bowl with your favorite toppings.
How to Store and Reheat
- Store: I doubt you will have leftovers but if you do, you can refrigerate for up 3 days in a sealed container.
- Reheat: You can reheat this stir fry using either a pan on a medium heat stove top or using the oven on 250 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Freeze: You can freeze in an airtight container for 2 months. It's great for a quick meal because you can cook it from frozen if in a rush.
More gluten-free vegan recipes
We would love to know if you try this vegan Asian peanut stir fry. Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to follow us @coupleofseeds on Instagram.
Asian Peanut Stir Fry Recipe
- rice or quinoa
- 1 cup king oyster mushrooms
- 1 head broccoli fresh local is best
- 1 cup carrot slivered
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ red onion finely diced
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup tamari can use other gluten free soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon garlic smashed or chopped
- ⅛ Chinese 5 spice powder
- 2 tablespoon water
- extra firm tofu
Rice or Quinoa
- Make the rice or according to the package directions.
- While you let the rice or quinoa cook, drain the liquid from the tofu. For the excess liquid you can place a large pan on the block for about 20 minutes.
- While the rice and Tofu are doing their thing, use a medium size frying pan, and saute the vegetables until tender crisp in the sesame oil. Set aside.
- Now you can chop the tofu into bite sized pieces and saute in sesame oil until slightly crisp on both sides.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- Once thoroughly mixed, add the sauce to the seared tofu and mix until well combined.
- Once tofu is thoroughly covered and sauce begins to caramelize, add the cooked vegetables.
- Saute for 1-2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add rice to plate and top with tofu and veggie mixture!
- Top with sesame seeds or crushed peanuts.