This page may contain affiliate links. Simply put, if you click and buy, we may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see our Disclosure Policy for full details.
These easy soy-free vegan rice paper rolls are delicious and only use 10 ingredients. The perfect recipe for when you don't have a lot of time, only taking about 30 minutes. The best part is that the kids like them too and they are packed with nutrients!
Packed with fresh crunchy vegetables, herbs, peanuts, and sesame oil, these make a delicious option!
These vegan summer rolls go really well with our Rainbow Beet and Kale Salad with Maple Nuts.
Rice paper rolls are basically a rice wrap full of your favorite veggies, herbs, and nuts. You can add in avocodo, your favorite sprouts or anything else that you enjoy and think will taste good. They are a healthy, easy and quick option full of nutrients.
- Rice Paper Wraps: You can make as many as you like but this recipe is for 10 rice paper wraps.
- Rice Noodles: 2 cups of rice noodles. If you like to overstuff your rolls, you can toss in a bit more. You can use vermicelli or rice instead if you like.
- Carrot: 1 large julienne-cut carrot.
- Cucumber: 1 medium julienne-cut cucumber.
- Romaine Lettuce: Half a head of Romaine lettuce, shred.
- Mint: Shred and add in ¼ cup of fresh mint. Mint tastes so fresh and light!
- Peanuts: ¼ cup chopped peanuts gives just the right crunch.
- Five-spice powder: Add 1 tablespoon
- Sesame Oil: 1 tablespoon adds such a nice flavor!
- Ginger: 1 knob of fresh ginger may seem like a lot but it is perfect for this recipe.
Make this recipe in 4 easy steps!
Step 1: Cook the rice noodles according to the package instructions.
Add sesame oil, ginger, and half of the five-spice powder to the cooked noodles and set aside.
Step 2: Cut all of the vegetables and set them aside.
Step 3: In order to assemble the wraps soften the rice paper wraps (1 by 1) in warm/hot water until pliable. About 10-15 seconds each.
Step 4: Assemble each wrap by placing a small portion of the rice noodles, a few carrots & cucumbers, a small portion of romaine lettuce a few mint leaves, a sprinkle of peanuts, and a pinch of the remaining five-spice powder onto each rice wrap.
Repeat for each wrap. Allow the roll to dry and serve with the dipping sauce of your choice!
Best served immediately!
- Use rice instead of noodles.
- Add parsley instead of mint.
- Change up the veggies, add some pickled onion.
- Splash some soy sauce on the ingredients before rolling.
Julienne cut is a French term, it is a technique used for vegetables, fruit, or meat. The cuts are equal thin strips about 3 inches long and roughly 1/16 to ⅛ inch thick.
- To assemble summer rolls, use a shallow dish (we use a pie dish) with hot water and soak each wrap for about 10-15 seconds. The goal is that they are soft enough to roll. Don't dip the wraps too long because they get soggy quick and hard to work with.
- If you are short on time, you can chop your veggies.
- A lot of people like to add tofu. If you do, these won't be soy-free.
- It can be really tempting to stuff the wraps but avoid doing that as it makes it impossible to actually fold them together.
So many veggies taste good in this recipe, red cabbage and zucchini are nice or green onion. In fact, fruit like mango tastes fantastic as well!
Absolutely, we personally love the flavor that the sesame oil provides for this recipe but any oil will work.
Yes, you can certainly use a Mandolin. The idea is to make even long cuts.
These summer rolls go well with a lot of other recipes, here are a few that we like to serve them with:
- General TSO Cauliflower Bites
- Salt and Vinegar Brussels Sprout Chips
- Roasted Rainbow Kale and Beet Salad with Maple Nuts
If you happen to try this Easy Vegan Rice Paper Rolls Recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to follow us @coupleofseeds on Instagram.
Easy Vegan Rice Paper Rolls
- 10 rice paper wraps
- 2 cups noodles cooked
- 1 large carrot julienne
- 1 medium cucumber julienne
- ½ head Romaine lettuce shredded
- ¼ cup mint fresh, shredded
- ¼ cup peanuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 knob ginger grated
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package instructions.
- Add the sesame oil, ginger, and half of the five-spice powder to the cooked noodles and set aside.
- Cut all of the vegetables and set them aside.
- In order to assemble the wraps soften the rice paper wraps, one at a time, in warm-hot water until pliable.
- Assemble each wrap by placing a small portion of the rice noodles, a few carrots & cucumbers, a small portion of romaine lettuce a few mints leaves, a sprinkle of peanuts, and a pinch of the remaining five-spice powder onto each rice wrap.
- Repeat for each wrap.
- Allow the roll to dry and serve with the dipping sauce of your choice.
- The easiest way to wrap the ingredients is to place them in the middle of the wrap, and fold in a small portion of each side of the wrap, tightly hold the ingredients and roll the wrap away from you into a tight roll.
- Serve with Sriracha sauce, gluten-free Soy sauce, or Peanut sauce.
Nutritional information provided is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary depending on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.