This page may contain affiliate links. Simply put, if you click and buy, we may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see our Disclosure Policy for full details.
The nice thing about healthy granola bars is that you can eat it at any time of the day or make it your breakfast. Enjoy it as is or crumble it up, add some oat or almond milk and turn it into a healthy granola breakfast.
I found some great instructions on how to make oat milk if you are interested in doing that. That would make a really yummy snack!
Granola bars really make the ideal snack. They are full of protein and provide just the pick me up needed during the day.
The sweetness isn't overpowering but can still tame any sweet tooth! Enjoy this vegan snack and avoid feeling guilty about eating packaged snacks.
Always looking to come up with quick and easy snacks, Anthony and I are huge fans of granola recipes.
- Toss in some vegan chocolate chips!
- Add in pumpkin seeds.
- Unsweetened coconut flakes would be great in this.
- You can add in some dried fruit, cranberries, or raisins as well.
We would love to know if you try this healthy granola bars recipe or any other of our recipes out! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to follow us @coupleofseeds on Instagram.
More gluten-free vegan snacks
- Refrigerate: This will last in the fridge in a sealed container for 5-7 days.
- Freeze: Store in an airtight freezer-safe container for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Healthy Granola Bars
- 1½ cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup dates
- ¾ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup peanut butter natural chunky is best in this recipe
- Turn oven to 250°.
- Blend or process the dates until dough consistency. We recommend a high-speed blender such as a Vitamix.
- Sprinkle walnuts and oats with cinnamon and bake on a baking sheet for 5 minutes at 250°.
- Warm the maple syrup and peanut butter in a medium pot on the stove. Add vanilla extract and stir until well blended. This takes about 2-5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix all ingredients well.
- Press into an 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze for 20 minutes to allow the bars to set.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into 12 even bars. For large bars cut into 8.