This page may contain affiliate links. Simply put, if you click and buy, we may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see our Disclosure Policy for full details.
This homemade vegetable soup is very easy to make and adjust as you need so for those that feel overwhelmed by the thought of cooking this is a perfect place to start!
The weather has been more rainy and cloudy the last few weeks here so naturally we find ourselves more interested in those one pot feel good meals.
I especially like that this soup tastes just as good reheated the next day, making my life that much easier.
Can you use different vegetables
Absolutely! In fact, we encourage it! Life is so busy and sometimes you have to turn to what you have in your fridge at the moment.
The idea of homemade vegetable soup here is to be able to add what you have in your home to make life easier for you.
- Some other options that you can use or add in if you have them on hand are: chard, peas, kale, sweet potato and/or zucchini.
- Add in gluten-free noodles to change it up.
- You can throw in some broccoli, we personally find it gets a bit soggy so you would want to add it in after the other veggies to give it less cook time.
Refrigerator: In a sealed container this soup will last for 3 days in the fridge. Freezer: Put the soup in an air tight, freezer safe container and it will last up to 3 months. Reheat: We don't own a microwave, we prefer to bring to a low boil in a small pot on the stove to heat it up. You can use a microwave as well though.
More vegan gluten-free recipes
If you happen to try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to follow us @coupleofseeds on Instagram.
We hope that you love this simple homemade vegetable lunch recipe. Of course, enjoy it for dinner as well if you like! It's:
Homemade vegetable soup
- 1 head cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 Spanish onion diced
- 2 large carrots peeled and diced
- 4 medium celery stalks diced
- 4 medium white potatoes peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 can 28 ounces tomatoes chopped
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons mixed herbs basil/oregano and thyme
- Add onion, carrots and celery to a medium sized stock pot with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and saute until fragrant.
- Add salt, pepper, mixed herbs, curry powder and garlic.
- Continue to saute for 1 minute making sure that the seasoning is well mixed.
- Add potatoes, cauliflower and canned tomato. Continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add broth and water. Salt to taste.
- Simmer on low boil for 30 minutes. Make sure the potatoes are cooked through.
Nutritional information provided is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary depending on brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Did you make this recipe? Drop us a comment below, it would mean a lot to use!