This page may contain affiliate links. Simply put, if you click and buy, we may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see our Disclosure Policy for full details.
I LOVE pasta, especially with lots of veggies. I prefer a light pasta, so I tend to lean away from heavier tomato-based pasta myself. This lemon basil pasta is perfect for summertime, it is light, easy to make, and tastes amazing!
Nothing is better than a one-dish meal and this lemon basil spaghetti pasta is just that! I mean, who needs more dishes to do...
When Anthony and I first started dating (a long time ago... lol). I would usually order pasta when we would go out. That pasta was packed with dairy, gluten, and often chicken.
When we went gluten free, it was easy to recreate a yummy pasta, but since we wanted a vegan pasta dish, we needed to get to work creating.
- You can use any style of pasta that you like, penna or macaroni for example.
- Add whatever herbs you like. We may try parsley and rosemary next time.
Basil is known for its incredible aromatic smell. It is high in vitamin K and is often used in tea as a stimulant.
There are various kinds of basil: purple basil, cinnamon basil, lime basil to name a few. Each providing their own unique flavor to a dish.
Holy basil is the mother of all basil in my world, offering support for the immune symptom, brain and digestive symptom.
More vegan gluten-free recipes
We would love to know if you give this Lemon Basil Pasta try. Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to follow us @coupleofseeds on Instagram.
Chardonnay is what we recommend you pair this gluten-free, dairy-free pasta with. It is creamy with notes of citrus to match the pasta.
- Refrigerate: Lemon basil vegan pasta will last approximately 3 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Freeze: We find that pasta in general doesn't freeze well. If you really want to, leave out the spinach.
- Reheat: Tastes the best when reheated in the oven until thoroughly hot throughout. A microwave can be used as well.
Lemon Basil Pasta
- 1 package of spaghetti cook according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- ½ lemon squeezed
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 small red onion diced
- 2 handfuls of spinach about 1 cup
- ¼ cup raw cashews ground
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup basil chopped
- pinch salt and pepper or to taste
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
- Add cashews and stir until well combined.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Add salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Add tomatoes and basil and saute for 2 minutes.
- If you want it a bit creamy, which we recommend, add just a small amount of the pasta water.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Add cooked pasta to the saute pan and mix thoroughly with the heat turned off.
- Plate and serve.