This page may contain affiliate links. Simply put, if you click and buy, we may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see our Disclosure Policy for full details.
I really don't like cooked peppers unless they still have crunch. Anthony impressed me with this recipe because unlike other stuffed peppers that I have tried these mushroom stuffed red bell peppers were really crunchy!
They are so good! I went in for a second one and turned this side dish into my lunch.
The walnut and mushroom combo provide a crunchy yet meaty texture. I found that they were also really filling which is nice because they leave you feeling satisfied.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut and wash the peppers. Placing them cut side up on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
2. Once you have sautéed the mushrooms, onion, garlic, and spices. Add in the walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes, and balsamic vinaigrette. Stuff your cooked peppers to the top with the mushroom mix.
3. Place theses amazing looking vegan stuffed peppers back into the oven for an additional 10 minutes. We highly recommend that you serve with some fresh parsley on top!
- Add different nuts (pine nuts for example).
- Add a grain-like cooked wild rice into the stuffing mixture.
- Switch the dressing to the Dijon Maple dressing recipe.
We would love to know if you try these Mushroom Stuffed Red Peppers or any other of our recipes out! We read every comment so please leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to follow us @coupleofseeds on Instagram.
We recommend that you prepare and cook only what you need. Re-heating these just doesn't provide the same texture.
If you do decide to make extra, only prepare the sauteed mushroom mix and cook the pepper halves when you are ready to eat them.
Mushroom Stuffed Red Bell Peppers
- 3 red bell peppers halved and seeded
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms I used Oyster and Cremini slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1 red onion small
- 1 garlic clove diced
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Half and wash peppers and place them in the oven for 15 minutes. (cut side up)
- In a medium saucepan add mushrooms, sliced onions, garlic, and spices. Saute for 5-10 minutes.
- Add walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes, and balsamic vinaigrette, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pull peppers out of the oven and stuff them with the mushroom mixture.
- Place them back into the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with topped with fresh herbs such as parsley.
- Use our basic balsamic vinaigrette recipe