This page may contain affiliate links. Simply put, if you click and buy, we may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see our Disclosure Policy for full details.
I love cheesecake. Raw and baked! Cheese in general is one of the hardest things to give up for people that transition to a plant-based diet. Thankfully, you can re-create the amazing flavors of cheesecake without any dairy at all. Here is our raw, no-bake cheesecake with blueberry compote and it is 100% amazing! Try it out, you will love it.
This easy no-bake vegan cheesecake recipe is simple to make. Anyone can make this! The crust literally has 5 ingredients. You put them all into a blender, blend, and voila!
What if you don't have a springform pan?
If you don't have a springform pan, you can use a standard glass pie dish like in the picture below.
Line the dish with parchment paper to make it easier to cut and remove the cheesecake when you are ready to serve it.
The cheesecake layer
Traditionally, cheese is used in cheesecake... obvious, I know.
Don't let the fact that we are not using cream cheese hold you back from trying this raw dessert. The combination of cashews and coconut milk is decadent, rich, and smooth!
The added fresh lemon gives a balance of sweet and tartness to the cheesecake that is perfect.
How to soak cashew nuts
It honestly couldn't be easier but if you are completely new to this concept you may have no idea where to start.
We are here to help you!
Literally, all you need to do is place the desired amount of cashews in a bowl, cup, or container and fill with enough water to cover them. Let them soak for at least 30 minutes to soften them.
You can soak the cashews overnight or some suggest 5-6 hours. It doesn't matter as long as you allow a minumum of 30 mins.
Soaking them in the morning before you leave for work may allow you less prep time if you are making it once you get home.
How to make the blueberry compote
Compote is simply:
A sweet dish made of cooked fruitCambridge Dictionary
You can use whatever fruit you prefer for this recipe.
The idea is to create a sweet fresh flavor topping for your cheesecake using just these 6 ingredients:
- blueberries frozen
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- lemon juice fresh
- Swirl blueberries throughout the cheesecake layer.
- Use other berries for your compotes, such as strawberry or cranberry.
- Use different nuts for the crust or straight almond or pecan.
- Freezer: This incredible vegan dessert tastes amazing for up to 2 weeks in the freezer. Make sure that you use an airtight container.
- The blueberry compote does well in the freezer for about 2 weeks.
- Fridge: The cheesecake needs to be in the freezer but you can keep the compote in the fridge for about 5 days.
More gluten-free vegan dessert recipes
If you happen to try this raw no-bake cheesecake with blueberry compote, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to follow us @coupleofseeds on Instagram.
Raw No Bake Cheesecake with Blueberry Compote
- ¾ cup pecans
- ¼ cup almonds
- 2 cups dates
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cup raw cashews soaked in hot water for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries frozen
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed and dissolved in the water before adding.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh
- Grease a 6" pan. Springform if you have it.
- Add all of the crust ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until it forms what looks like a sticky dough. Don’t worry about bits of pecans still remaining
- Press the dough evenly in the bottom of the pan and there you have it!
- Using a high-speed blender combine all of the cheesecake ingredients and blend on high until silky smooth. You want to make sure that it is well blended with no little chunks remaining.Taste after you have blended so that you can decide if you want it a bit sweeter or more vanilla. Adjust as you see fit.
- Pour the filling into the pan over the crust and place it into the freezer. It takes 2-3 hours to fully set.
- Put all of the ingredients in a small saucepan except for the water and cornstarch.
- Heat up over medium heat until the frozen blueberries begin to thaw and release their liquid.
- Add the water and cornstarch mixture and heat at a low boil. Cook and stir continuously until you reach the level of thickness desired, about 5 minutes, and reserve until ready to serve.
- Pull out the cheesecake and slice into normal size pieces. Either serve as is or let sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes to soften.
- Top with arm or cold blueberry compote!