This page may contain affiliate links. Simply put, if you click and buy, we may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see our Disclosure Policy for full details.
Not only is this Refried Black Beans recipe easy, but it can also be made in under 15 minutes! Anthony made this for a snack today and Aiden and I ate it all in one sitting...
We think that this is our BEST homemade refried black beans recipe yet. No joke...
Anthony, especially enjoys Mexican food and has tried several versions of refried beans over the years, so he is pretty picky.
- Perfect on tacos for Taco Tuesday!
- A tasty addition to your nachos.
- Use as a dip with vegan crackers or nacho chips.
- Add to your vegan tortilla or burrito.
- Use pinto beans or mixed beans.
- Add fresh cilantro or parsley.
- Omit the spicy peppers for sweet pepper.
We would love to know if you try these Re-fried Black Beans or any other of our recipes out! We read every comment so please leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to follow us @coupleofseeds on Instagram.
Refried beans are not actually refried... No idea why they call them that, they are cooked once in water and fried while mashing but they are not "fried" twice.
Do beans make you gassy?
As a Holistic Nutritional Clinical Practitioner, I believe this varies greatly per person. Some people have a more sensitive digestive track and some have many other factors to consider as well.
That being said, if you are consuming a lot of fiber in your diet, especially at a time, you may want to high quality probiotic or have some ACV on hand to aid in the digestive process.
Not exactly. The main reason why most of us feel gassy after eating beans is because we don’t normally eat that much fiber all in one sitting, making it a tad, er, surprising to your GI tract!goodhousekeeping.com
Freezer: This vegan dip will last well in the freezer in an airtight container for about 3 months.
Fridge: The best thing about this healthy snack is that it tastes even better the next day! Last well in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Reheat: If you want to enjoy it heated up, just use the microwave for about 20-30 seconds or stick it into the oven for a couple of minutes at 250 degrees.
More gluten-free vegan recipes
Let us know if you give them a try, leave a comment and give a rating!
Re-fried Black Beans
- 1 can 540 milliliter can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 onion small, diced
- 1 pepper jalopenio or chili seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoon water
- In a medium saute pan over medium heat, saute onions, garlic, and diced hot pepper for 3 mins.
- Add beans and spices, saute for 3 additional minutes.
- Using a potato masher, mash the beans while in the pan leaving some larger bits of beans for consistency.
- Add water and mix until paste forms. If you prefer it thinner, simply add additional water.
- Saute for another 2-3 minutes and serve.