This page may contain affiliate links. Simply put, if you click and buy, we may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see our Disclosure Policy for full details.
Vegan Whiskey Maple Roasted Nuts make the best snack! Honestly, they could pass as an incredible and tasty dessert, this recipe is that good.
The ingredients seem so simple but combined they will blow your taste buds away! Enjoy them as is or add them to vegan yogurt, mix them with some vegan dark chocolate as a holiday snack or make them a gorgeous addition to a charcuterie board.
This is so good! I highly recommend eating them as is but you can add them to your breakfast, fruit bowl, protein bars or have them as dessert!
Aside from the obviously salted mixed nuts, the two main characters in this recipe are the maple syrup and the whiskey.
Maple Syrup: I love dark pure maple syrup for this recipe. We highly suggest you support local if you can!
Whiskey: Irish, bourbon, Canadian all work well!
You'll need just a few more items to make the perfect snack:
Cinnamon: The smell in the house as the roasted nuts bake is sensational! The cinnamon adds the cozy feeling to this recipe.
Vanilla Extract: Pure vanilla extract tastes so much better than artificial and avoids additives.
Step 1: Heat all of the ingredients except nuts in a small saucepan over medium heat until it just starts to bubble.
Step 2: Add nuts and stir well to coat allowing it to simmer over low heat until it thickens and fully coats the nuts (about 2 minutes).
Step 3: Add the remaining liquid and the nuts to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Baked for 10 minutes at 250 degrees and allow to cool.
There are countless serving options with this snack. Vegan and gluten-free does not have to be boring and can taste incredible!
- As a topping to your favorite vegan cereal or gluten-free oatmeal.
- Add to plain popcorn to give it some flavor and crunch.
- Mix in ice cream or add to the top!
- Toss in some pretzels and make a gluten-free party mix!
More Vegan Gluten-free Snacks
Mix it up and add these vegan whiskey maple roasted nuts to any of these recipes:
We would love to know if you give these Vegan Whiskey Maple Roasted Nuts a try. Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to follow us @coupleofseeds on Instagram.
Vegan Whiskey Maple Roasted Nuts
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup Whiskey Irish, bourbon, or Canadian work well.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract pure
- pinch cinnamon
- 2 cups mixed nuts salted
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Heat all of the ingredients, except nuts, in a small saucepan over medium heat until reaches bubbling.
- Turn heat to low and add nuts. Simmer over low heat until liquid thickens and fully coats the nuts. (about 2 minutes)
- Pour the entire mix and any remaining liquid onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stirring midway.
Yes, but we feel the mixed nuts works the best.
You can use unsalted, just add sea salt to the liquid. Salt helps really bring out the flavor of the whiskey and maple syrup.